This summer, let your child experience the wonders of cooking with the Culinary Dude's Summer Cooking Camps. Our hands-on cooking camps will enable kids to find their inner chef. The Culinary Dude has created a wonderful collection of daily menus that the kids will cook themselves. Using the freshest ingredients, fun and interactive cooking techniques, the kids will prepare meals from scratch each day as they learn kitchen and food safety, professional kitchen etiquette, measuring ratios, prep skills, and table manners. In addition to a wide variety of tactile recipes, kids will participate in additional food-related activities. All camps include lunch for all campers. We offer a variety of cooking camps throughout the year with a wide array of themes. We are a nut-free business and use Wowbutter and SunButter as a nut butter replacement unless otherwise requested.
Your children are not numbers to us! Unlike other programs who just want your money, our focus is to cater to each child individually, help them where they need improvement and cap our class numbers to keep the class intimate, so your child does not get lost in the masses and feels like they are truly a part of the whole.
WHERE: St. Hilary School, 765 Hilary Drive in Tiburon
WHEN: This summer from June 12–August 18, 2017, we offer a series of multi-themed 4- and 5-day camps. In addition to our summer programs, we provide winter and spring camps at locations in Tiburon and San Francisco. Visit our website for details.
AGES: boys and girls, ages 5-16
ACTIVITIES: Cooking! The kids will be cooking their lunch daily. In addition they will be setting up the daily buffet, cleaning, washing and drying the dishes. Hopefully these will carry over to the home.
COST: Prices vary according to session length. Discounts are provided for early sign up and for multiple weeks. We always offer Early Bird Discounts, so sign up early!
- 4 Day Camp Prices ~ Early Bird Sign Up #1 is $385; Early Bird Sign Up #2 is $410; All sign ups after #2 is $435
- 5 Day Camp Prices ~ Early Bird Sign Up #1 is $410; Early Bird Sign Up #2 is $435;
All sign ups after #2 are $460
- Single Day Camp Sign Up is $110
Pre- and post-session care is also available: $15 each for Early Drop Off care (9:00-10:00 am) or After Camp care (2:00-3:00 pm); $25 for both.
DETAILS: Camp sessions for 2017 are based on these fun themes:
- Seasonal Produce - Sponsored by Imperfect Produce ~ This camp will focus on seasonal produce offered by Imperfect Produce. Imperfect Produce offers the delivery of seasonal fruits and vegetables that don't fit into grocery stores' strict cosmetic standards, be it a crooked carrot, curvy cucumber or undersized apple that usually goes to waste.
- Pop Stars Favorite Foods 2017 ~ We will be continuing our summer tradition of creating some of today's Pop Stars Favorite Foods. Just like us, Pop Stars have their own favorite foods. Let's explore, enjoy and eat the foods of the people's music we listen to and love so much.
- Harry Potter Inspired Recipes ~ For all the Harry Potter fans out there, this camp is for you! For this week, we will be creating an amazing array of Harry Potter inspired recipes that will both fill you up and gross you out! Yummy, yummy for all of our tummies!
- Vegetarian Harry Potter Inspired Recipes ~ For all the Harry Potter fans out there who are vegetarians or not, this camp is for you! For this week, we have created an amazing array of vegetarian Harry Potter inspired recipes that will both fill you up and gross you out! Yummy, yummy for all of our non-meat eating tummies! You don't have to be a vegetarian to enroll for this class as the food will still be amazing!
- Basic and Advanced Cooking Skills for Teens - Sponsored by Imperfect Produce ~ This teen centered camp will focus on cooking techniques, knife skills, safety and sanitation in the kitchen which will last a lifetime for the camper. We will be working with Imperfect Produce who offers the delivery of seasonal fruits and vegetables that don't fit into grocery stores' strict cosmetic standards, be it a crooked carrot, curvy cucumber or undersized apple that usually goes to waste. This will help the campers understand that it is not how an ingredient looks but how it adds to the end result.
- The Americas ~ In this session we will be traveling to North, South and Central America. We'll be creating the foods that come from these regions which include, Chile, Peru, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Guatemala, The Caribbean, Puerto Rico, Cuba, New England & Quebec. Bring your forks, knives and appetites, we're gonna eat some great food!
CONTACT: Visit www.theculinarydude.com or for more information call 415-242-4192.